Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good Thinking

Sheryl Sandberg, COO Facebook, says this:
"When I am asked about career strategies, I respond that you need two things: a long-term dream and one- to two-year plan. A long-term dream allows you to work with purpose to achieve real fulfillment. A short-term plan makes sure you are learning and growing from the work you do each day. All the stuff in the middle is confusing at best and anxiety-producing at worst. If I had tried to connect those dots when I left college, I would never have worked at Google or Facebook, companies that did not even yet exist. When you try to plan every step, you miss opportunities. I believe that if you are open to opportunity and respect the people who share their dreams with you, the rest will take care of itself."

This not only sits well with my career-mind, but also in a personal way. Relationships, personal goals, etc. can all use this model. Interesting to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment